sobota, 3. oktober 2015

I am not a lesbian

Shocked? No? What am I then?
 I believe a lot of people assume that I am a lesbian, but the thruth is I've never said that directly, unless people sort of forced me to. I identify as bisexual, but that doesn't mean I am attracted to men. See, bisexuality is much more than you might think. Bisexuality is not a phase, it does indeed exist, and it is beautiful. Here's a little definiton of it:
 

So, very roughly said, it means that you are attracted to two genders or more. When I realized that there are more that two genders in this world, it was indeed mind-blowing, because I simply couldn't have known it before. How could I? We are brought up in this binary world, where you are whether a boy or a girl, straight or a homosexual, and any other identities or sexual orientations are simply erased or hardly mentioned and discussed. So, when I've learned that there are more genders around me, I realized that a lesbian identity is simply completely too narrow for me, because the only thing I know is that I am not attracted to men. It's probably a bit complicated if you're not familiar with the concept of non-binary genders. That's why I'm posting this link: http://genderqueerid.com/gq-terms  . Here you can find some of the non-binary identites, and terminology.

To conclude, I am a bisexual person traveling through this life. It's been quite hard for me to tell people that I am bisexual, because I know I will always have to explain things to them, and sometimes I play along, and say I am a lesbian, or I say nothing at all. But, I am trying to avoid that. More and more. Because I feel more confident, and prepared to talk about it, and because I believe it's important to inform people about those things, if we ever want to achieve a more open society. 

Also, there is one more reason I couldn't identify as a lesbian. I am actually not a woman. But more on that; next time. Thank you for your support, dear readers!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar