sobota, 26. september 2015

Meeting LGBT+ people, new friends, and a lot of learning

When I started coming out to my friends, I thought that it was crucial for me to find "my" people, people who are a part of LGBT+ community, and that would become my friends. This idea, as mentioned in older posts, was frustrating for me, and annoying. I was put through a lot of stress because of that, beside other things, and I started smoking, because I needed something to relax me. Not a healthy decision, I know, but it did help me, and it's the one thing I've never tried before.

So, a week after I started visiting my councelor, I attended LGBT+ Weekend Camp, and it was another wise decision of mine, I would say. The topic we had was feminism, and I've learned a lot about it, but, most importantly, I met people! who eventually became very important to me. After the Camp I was really filled with energy, ideas, and big need of helping, volunteering, being an activist, etc. That's why I became a volunteer at our LGBT organization, and I really wanted to be wherever they'd need me. Still am like that, though, but at the time I was also doing it, because I wanted that people would recognize me, remember me, see me as a part of a group, so that I would feel I belong somewhere. I would say I had a bit of luck on my side, when it comes to people that I've met, because today I am mostly spending my time with very open, radical, and wonderful people that are giving me a chance to grow as a person and as an activist, and I can be myself around them. I mean what more can I ask for?

 I attended almost every event that had something to do with feminism, LGBT+ topics, human rights, etc., and there was plenty of does this year. And after the Camp I attended Pride Week, which consisted of many amazing workshops on identities, sexualities, etc., and it was another thing that made me think more about my gender and sexuality, something I haven't really done before. Well, sure, I've known since ever that I am not straight, but am I really a lesbian? Or a female even? Those questions appered in my head and are going to stuck there, probably, forever. 

But more on that, next time. If you have any questions, stories what-so-ever, feel free to contact me. :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar